Friday, March 30, 2012

Melted Record Clock

We made this for my Daddy for an Easter Gift!  I was fun to make!

First I heated my oven to 220 F and heated the record for about 5 minutes.  I then put it on top of my plastic veggie tray so that it got its wavy shape.  You have to move fast b/c it hardens quickly AND if you mess up just put it back in the oven and retry :0)

I then used a round sponge with white paint and put dots on the 12-3-6-9 spots.  I orange puffy painted the numbers, line ticks, and around the center of the record.

I had an old clock laying around that I never use so I just took the movement out of it.  The hands of the clock were black so I puffy painted the top of them white.  I also didn't use the second hand at all.  I then hot glued the movement to the back making sure the hand hole is in the center of the record, attached the hands in the front, added a battery, and set the time!

You have to have an easel for this clock b/c the movement sticks out in the back so I made an easel out of some wood pieces I had laying around.

Combined this site and this site and used my own decorating ideas!

PERFECT GUY GIFT IDEA!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment