Saturday, September 21, 2013

Apple Pie

I used this Pie Crust Recipe and doubled it.

6 Large Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4" slices
2/3 Cup of sugar
1 tsp of cinnamon
3 Tbsp Flour
1 egg + 1 Tbsp water, beaten
sugar for sprinkle on top

Mix Sugar, Cinnamon, and Flour together in a large bowl.  Stir apples in until completely covered.  Pour apples into prepared raw pie crust.  We topped ours with a lattice design, topped with eggwash, and sprinkled with sugar.  Bake on 425 for 20 mins, then reduce to 350 for 15 mins or until apples are done.

I made an apple pie for my boyfriend 8 years ago and it was horrible, but he still ate it.  Thats how I knew he was the one.  9 years of knowing each other and marriage, I finally know how to make an AMAZING apple pie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment