Saturday, December 14, 2013

Lady Locks

Shell:

1-3/4 Cup Flour
1 Tb + 1 tsp Sugar
1/4 Cup Crisco
1 Egg Yolk
1/2 to 2/3 Cup Warm Water

3/4 Cup of Crisco (do not add to dough, save for cutting in later)

Mix all the above, I used my hands.  Shape in a flat disc, wrap in cling wrap, place on a plate and pop into the fridge.

Every 1 hour, open the cling wrap, spread 1/4 cup of Crisco thick on top of dough, fold in half, pound flat, cover with cling wrap, and return to the fridge.  Repeat 2 more times (or until 3/4 cup of Crisco is used).

Leave set in fridge overnight or at least 12 hours.  Yes, the dough is not hard but it will be ok.

Preheat oven to 375 F.

The next day, roll out dough on a flour covered counter top (I also put flour on top and bottom of my dough and on the pin).  Take 1/4 and leave out and place the rest of the dough in the fridge.  Roll the 1/4 piece into between a 1/8" to 1/4" thickness.  Cut into strips 8 inches long and 1 inch wide.  Wind each strip around a steel rollers (Cannoli Rollers) and place on a cookie sheet with Pam on it.  Bake for 13-15 mins just enough so they set but are not brown.  Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.  Carefully remove the shells from the steel rollers.  Place on paper towels to absorb any access oil.

Repeat until dough is gone.


Filling:

1/2 Cup Crisco
1 stick of butter, softened
2 Tbsp Cold Milk
6 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
1/2 Cup Flour
1 tsp Vanilla

Mix all the above together until combined and creamy.

Once shells are COMPLETELY cool, fill them up.  I use my icing tubes because it makes it easier.


This recipe made 27 cookies (I had enough filling for probably two more).

There is only one person in the world I will ever make these for...my sissy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment