This was our first attempt at making ham and it turned out great. Next year we are def getting a 4 lb ham instead of a 6 lb ham. We had ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, and brown sugar bacon Brussel sprouts!
Friday, December 26, 2014
Thursday, December 25, 2014
Tuesday, December 23, 2014
Thursday, December 18, 2014
1/2 Cup + 1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
1/2 Cup + 1 Tbsp Creamy Peanut Butter
In a large wok, heat the above on low until creamy. Once smooth remove from heat.
2 Tbsp Worcestershire
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp garlic powder
Site in the above seasonings to the PB mixture.
6-8 cups rice Chex
2-3 cups pretzels
Mix until well coated. Spread on foil covered cookie sheet. Bake at 250 stirring every 10-15 mins.
Store in store tight container.
Sunday, December 14, 2014
I love LOVE Bravo shrimp caesar salads! The problem is I'm really picky with my dressings. I finally found a store bought caesar dressing that is close to Bravo's that doesn't taste like crap. Marzetti Supreme Caesar Salad Dressing is the answer!
So I combined romaine lettuce, caesar croutons, parmesan cheese, shrimp, and the dressing in a large bowl and tossed it together.
Super yummy and as close to bravo you can get without buying one :)
Saturday, December 13, 2014
This year I significantly deceased my cookie baking. Baking cookies while being 9 months pregnant is harder than I expected.
32 Cheesy Puppy Cookies
72 Cut Out Cookies
47 Peanut Butter Blossoms
3 lbs Peanut Butter Fudge
15 Top Secret Sugar Cookies (for my Sister for watching Allie while we are at the hospital)
Totaling or to be 166 cookies plus 3 lbs of fudge. Didn't hit my goal of 300 but I think I rocked pregnancy baking ;0)
Thanks to my hubby and poodle for always helping me!
2 Cups Flour
1 Cup Grated Cheese (we used parmesan)
2 Tbsp melted butter
3/4 Cup Milk (I needed an addition 2 tsp to get my dough to all stick)
Mix all of the above together. Roll out on a floured surface. Use fun puppy cookie cutters (we used a bone and a poodle) to cut out dough. Place on a ungreased cookie sheet. Bake on 375 for 17 minutes. Store in fridge in an air tight container for 2 weeks.
Allie loves these special puppy christmas cookies.
Friday, December 12, 2014
2. Modal Pants from Gap - so comfy and fit at all stages.
3. Tanks from Old Navy - perfect for lounging and sleeping, fits at all stages.
4. Basics Bravado Nursing Sleeper Bras - a must have in order to sleep comfortably.
5. Pedicures - No explanation needed.
6. Palmers Coco Butter Stretch Mark lotion - my belly gets really tight and this lotion helps with the tight feeling.
7. Anytime Tee Shirt Nursing Bralet by Bella Materna - yes you need these before you need to breast feed, the comfort factor is amazing.
8. Gaiam Prenatal Yoga - so great for sore muscles and flexability.
9. Exercise Ball - sit on this when you have lower back and hip pain.
10. Motherhood Maternity Hipster Underwear - I love these! They don't ride up and are comfy.
Sunday, December 7, 2014
1 white onion, chopped
2 10 oz bags frozen broccoli, thawed and cut up in bite size pieces
4 chicken bouillon cubes
1 cup of water
Combine above in a large pot and cook until onion and broccoli break down and become very soft.
4 Tbsp butter
3 heaping Tbsp flour
1 quart of milk
Melt butter in small pot. Add flour and stir. Slowly add milk while stirring constantly. Stir until milk mixture has gotten slightly thicker. Add milk mixture to broccoli mixture and stir.
1 cup + cubed velvetta
Add velvetta, stirring constantly until melted. Keep adding velvetta until desired taste.
Serve hot with rolls.